Search candidate financial records from the 2006 general election to present.
Search fields include: contributions, campaign extensions, filing extensions, candidates in default, PDFs of financial statements and compliance audit reports.
Under City of Toronto By-Law #1178-2009 (PDF), all candidates must file an official paper copy of their financial statement(s) with the City Clerk in accordance to the requirements and deadlines set out in the Municipal Elections Act, 1996, as amended.
Users of this portion of the City of Toronto Election website should be aware of the following:
- Pursuant to the Municipal Elections Act, 1996, as amended, (the Act), the official copies of the Statements are the paper copies filed in person with the Clerk of the City of Toronto at Toronto City Hall. These are available for review at the Elections & Registry Services Office, 1st Floor N, Toronto City Hall, 100 Queen Street West or Election Services Office, 89 Northline Road.
- This website allows members of the public to view both copies of candidates' filed financial statements (the Statements) in .PDF format and the candidates' financial information that has been entered into the City's Electronic Financial Filing System (EFFS).
- The Statements available on this website were prepared by the candidates either manually or by using EFFS.
- City staff have not verified or amended the information contained in the Statements prepared by candidates.
- For candidates who did not use EFFS to prepare their Statements, City staff has entered the data from the original paper copy of the submitted Statements into EFFS. In these cases, City staff has, to the best of their ability, entered the information as submitted by the candidates, but has not verified or amended the information in any way. However, due to the nature of EFFS, some calculations have been performed automatically by the system. As a result, the information on EFFS may differ from the information contained in the Statements submitted by a candidate.
- In situations where candidates file multiple Statements (e.g. those who extend their campaigns and file supplementary financial statements pursuant to the Act), only information from the latest Statement is searchable on EFFS. However, previously filed Statements will be retained on the site in .PDF format for review.
- In the case of candidates who have not filed by the legislated dates, the most recent Statement, if any, appears on the website and the information from that Statement is contained in EFFS. However, a notice of default appears under the heading "Candidates in Default" in the menu located on the left side of the web page.
- None of the information appearing on the website pertains to the City's election contribution rebate program. For further information on the rebate program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-338-1111.
- The City provides the website on an "as is", "as available", basis. The City does not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements with respect to the website or the information contained or posted on it, including but not limited to, warranties as to usefulness, completeness or accuracy. Further, the City does not represent and warrant that the website will be available or meet your requirements, that access will be uninterrupted, that there will be no delays, failures or errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information, that no viruses or other contaminating or destructive properties will be transmitted or that no damage will occur to your computer system due to use of the website.