Food Establishment (not in hotel)

As per Toronto Municipal Code Chapter 545, Licensing, a business licence is required for any business where food is stored, prepared, or sold for human consumption, such as:

  • coffee shops
  • burger shops
  • delicatessens
  • donut shops
  • fish and chips stores
  • pizza parlours
  • restaurants

How to apply

Applicants must apply in person at the Licence & Permit Issuing Office. To apply, applicants must pay the appropriate application fee.

What you need to apply

General application requirements outlined here. In addition, applicants must also satisfy the Business Licensing Thresholds in Appendix K.  For complete operating requirements, please visit Chapter 545, Licensing

Back to: Fees