Building Toronto Together: A Development guide is designed for property owners, developers, builders and others interested in obtaining approvals for developing property in the City of Toronto.
The guide outlines the City's development review processes and the requirements you will need to meet when seeking planning approvals from the City.
- Executive Summary, Introduction,The Development Review Process
- Official Plan and Zoning Amendment Applications
- Draft Plan of Subdivision Applications
- Draft Plan of Condominium Applications
- Site Plan Control Applications
- Part Lot Control Exemption Applications
- Committee of Adjustment: Minor Variance and Consent Applications
- Appendix 1: Glossary of Terms
- Appendix 2: External Agencies, Boards and Commissions
- Appendix 3: Studies and Reports Terms of Reference
Before you apply...
Before you make a formal application, please discuss your proposal with the Planning Consultant at your local Customer Service office. In order to have a useful discussion, you should be able to identify the location and features of your property and demonstrate how you would like to develop the property (drawings would be helpful).