Among the many benefits of Union Station's revitalization is that the station will be fully compliant with the Ontario Building Code, making it barrier-free and accessible to all.
Once complete, the revitalization will result in the following:
- A barrier-free path of travel throughout the facility from a designated barrier-free entrance.
- Dedicated elevators or ramps serving every primary pedestrian path that provides access to and from the VIA concourse, GO concourses, TTC or any of the adjoining buildings and streets..
- Elevators and ramps placed as close to the primary pedestrian paths as possible.
- Better signage and lighting that meet modern accessibility requirements.
- Washrooms with barrier-free accommodations.
What about pre-revitalization?
During construction, the City of Toronto is working with GO Transit and VIA Rail to ensure that accessibility is maintained through the station.
Click here for barrier-free directions to and within Union Station.