Employment & Social Services' vision is to strengthen the social and economic well-being of Torontonians in their communities. Our mission is to provide employment services, financial benefits and social supports that make our vision a reality. Our work is to:
- develop and provide integrated employment services, supports and opportunities
- deliver financial benefits
- advocate for policies, programs and services that better support Torontonians in their communities
- invest in skilled staff at all levels to respond to a dynamic environment
We deliver services in three main areas:
- financial assistance
- social supports
Toronto Employment & Social Services is dedicated to delivering high-quality service. You can expect:
to be treated with dignity and respect
professional, prompt and polite service
to be provided with up-to-date information in a timely manner
that staff will respect your privacy and confidentiality.
staff to work with you to develop a plan based on your needs
You can also expect the following service standards:
You will be seen or acknowledged within 15 minutes of your scheduled appointment time
Should you visit our office without an appointment and request assistance you will be registered at reception and will be acknowledged by staff within 15 minutes
Should you have a complaint about the service you receive, or disagree with a decision about your case, you can speak with a member of the management team within 30 minutes
Voicemail messages will be returned within one business day
Written correspondence will be answered within five business days following receipt of a letter
- You can expect staff to work with you to develop a service plan that meets your needs, which includes:
- a review of programs and service options
- referrals to appropriate programs
- a mutually agreed upon follow-up appointment based on your service plan goals
Providing excellent service is important to us. If you would like to speak to someone about the service you are receiving, please ask to speak to a supervisor or office manager. If you have compliments or complaints, you may also call our Client Services and Information Unit at 416-392-2956.
See the results of a 2014 Client Survey.
Corporate Service Standards
The City's corporate online, email and telephone service standards support the delivery of exceptional, equitable and accessible customer service.