The Environment & Energy Division is committed to providing a high quality of service and to satisfying public expectations in all of our program areas. We have a procedure for receiving and responding to complaints from the public regarding service, wait time, and actions or lack of action of an employee of our division. We also welcome any compliments or kudos you may have.
Complaints will be reviewed by management and every effort will be made to resolve your concern as quickly as possible.
Making a complaint or compliment
Complaints/compliments may be made orally (in person or by telephone) or in writing (by mail, e-mail or fax). As a first step, we recommend you speak directly with the person responsible for the program in question. Most complaints received this way can be resolved quickly.
If you are not satisfied, please submit your complaint/complaint in one of the following ways:
- By e-mail: email@example.com
- By telephone: 416-392-6062 or 311
- By fax: 416-392-4828
- By mail: Environment & Energy Division, Metro Hall, 55 John Street, 2nd Floor, Toronto, ON M5V 3C6
Complaint Information and Timeline
- Please complete the Complaint Tracking Form or provide details such as:
- Contact information including full name of complainant, full address, telephone numbers and email address.
- Description of complaint, what happened, who was involved, dates and times, building address, service area or location of problem
- Include names of witnesses, photographs, and other pertinent information
Complaints will be reviewed by the Director and other management staff. Your complaint will be treated as confidential to protect your privacy; however, you may be identified indirectly when a complaint is investigated. If you do not wish to be identified, you may submit an anonymous complaint.
Office of the Ombudsman
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may present your complaint/concerns to the City's Office of the Ombudsman. Visit their independent website for more information, or contact the office directly:
- By telephone: 416-392-7062
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person: 112 Elizabeth Street
- TTY: 416-392-7100