Fireworks Issues and Permits

Fireworks displays on private property are allowed on Victoria Day and Canada Day without a permit.

If you wish to sell fireworks in Toronto, you must submit an application and applicable fee in accordance with City of Toronto Municipal Code Chapter 466, Article X, Section 446-13 to:

How to apply

Applicants must apply in person at the Licence & Permit Issuing Office. To apply, applicants must pay the appropriate application fee and completed Temporary Fireworks Permit Application Form

Make a Complaint

Report illegal sale or possible misuse of fireworks, such as using fireworks on a day other than Canada Day or Victoria Day, and/or without a permit. 


Within Toronto:     311

Outside Toronto:  416-392-CITY (2489)

TTY customers: 416-338-0TTY (0889)


Fax:   416-338-0685




Back to: Fees