Toronto City Council has approved the City's 2017 operating budget of $10.5 billion and a 10-year capital budget and plan of $26.5 billion. The 2017 budget provides an additional $43 million for new and enhanced services, including investments in poverty reduction, child care and community wellness, safe transportation, environmental sustainability and city building.
Highlights of the Children's Services Operating Budget:
- 300 new child care fee subsides are added for 2017
- Design and construction of 17 new child care centres will take place throughout 2017
- Investments are being made so that residents have access to more services online
- The City will continue to provide child care Occupancy Grants to school boards in 2017
- The Occupancy Grants is an agreement where Children's Services pays the occupancy costs to four school boards on behalf of some child care centres and family support programs located in schools.
- Capri Child Care centre will remain open until September 2017
- Capri ELCCC is located at 7 Capri Rd (near Rathburn Rd and The East Mall). It is in need of repairs that are difficult to fix and its enrollment is not consistent and often low. Families with children enrolled at Capri will be assisted by City staff to find other child care in the community.
- And more. Visit the Children's Services 2017 budget webpage for more information.