Transportation Services plans, constructs and manages the transportation infrastructure within the public right-of-way, including the public realm, sidewalks and roads.
The Division handles:
- seasonal and year-round maintenance activities (e.g., road repair, snow clearing, salting, potholes, sidewalk maintenance, grass cutting, street sweeping, etc.)
- traffic planning and right-of-way enforcement and management
- on-street parking, construction and event permits
- neighbourhood improvements, street furniture and graffiti management programs
- infrastructure and cycling planning, management and programming
- road safety, traffic signals, street signs and pavement markings
The Division's vision is to provide a safe, efficient, and effective transportation system that serves our residents, businesses, and visitors in an environmentally, socially and economically sustainable manner.