This information is from the 2014-2018 City Council Handbook, updated as needed.
Councillors who fulfill an official capacity with a municipal organization of which the City is a member are reimbursed from the Council Business Travel Budget for their travel costs related to Board and Committee meetings.
Reports are updated quarterly.
Councillors hold an official capacity with a municipal organization if they have been elected or appointed to the executive, board, section executive, task force, and/or committees. The list of organizations may change from time to time.
The City is currently a member of the following municipal organizations:
- Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM), including the National Zero Waste Council
- United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG)
- World Association of Major Metropolises (WAMM)
- Ontario Good Roads Association (OGRA)
- The Association of Francophone Municipalities of Ontario (AFMO)
Councillors who are not board or committee members of the FCM and incur travel costs associated with attending the Annual Conference of the FCM may be reimbursed for these costs from the Council Business Travel Budget.
The Mayor, or a Councillor designated by the Mayor to attend meetings and conferences of mayoral membership organizations will have the costs paid from the Council Business Travel Budget.
The Mayor is currently a member of the following mayoral organizations:
- Large Urban Mayors’ Caucus of Ontario (LUMCO)
- Mayor and Regional Chairs of Ontario (MARCO)
- The Big Cities Mayors’ Caucus (BCMC)
- The Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Cities Initiative
- C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group
Travels using the Council Business Travel Budget are governed by the same guidelines as travel using the Constituency Services and Office Budget.
For more information on requirements for flights or other transportation, hotel bookings, per diems, claiming expenses and other guidelines, see Travel-Conferences, Seminars and Business Trips in section 5 of the Constituency Services and Office Budget Policy. (PDF)