Application Requirements for Business, Trades and Professions

Body Rub Parlour and Body Rubber

In the City of Toronto, “body rub parlours” are considered any place where non-medical or non-therapeutic kneading, manipulating, rubbing, massaging, touching, or stimulating services are provided by persons other than  registered massage therapists or other qualified, licensed or registered holistic practitioners.

Those who own or operate body rub parlours are required to possess a Body Rub Parlour licence and those who provide services are required to obtain a Body Rubber licence.  

The City of Toronto is not currently accepting applications for new Body Rub Parlours, however is accepting applications for Body Rubber licences. 

Learn how to apply, as well as related regulations and conditions below.