Did you know?
The Social Development, Finance and Administration Division...
- Invested $20 million in funding to support over 622 community development projects and programs.
- Managed an average of $1.75 billion in grants and subsidies in cost-shared programs.
- Published over 500 data sets about neighbourhood well-being with information on population growth seniors, youth, income, crime, poverty and ethno-racial characteristics and built over 1,000 profiles about Toronto's neighbourhoods.
- Provided community support to to help residents recover from 503 violent critical incidents, 298 shootings and 183 stabbings.
- Held 9 employment opportunity events that helped connect 3,000 Youth to job opportunities.
- Supported 459 youth employment and community engagement initiatives that engaged 40,387 residents, 18,352 non-youth and 22,035 youth.