Employment & Social Services

File a tax return to get Ontario tax credits and benefits

Even if you received social assistance or didn't earn income, you could get money back by filing an income tax return.

How much will I get?

Every situation is different - it depends on your income and other factors.

Try the tax credit calculator

See how much money you or your family could get back at ontario.ca/taxcredits

Need a hand?

If you have a modest income, tax-filing help is available at cra-arc.gc.ca/volunteer or 1-800-959-8281

ontario.ca/taxcredits • 1-866-ONT-TAXS (668-8297) • TTY 1-800-263-7776