It's all about the animals!
100% of your donation to Animal Services is used to directly benefit the animals in our care or for spay/neuter programs. No portion of your donation is used to cover administration costs.
How do your donations help?
Toronto Animal Services receives generous donations every year. Here's a breakdown of how the funds were used in 2016:
- $87,646.77 was used to provide emergency care at external veterinarians for injured stray pets picked up in the field.
- $54,793.52 was spent on surgical and medical supplies for the spay/neuter clinic - to ensure that the animals in our care are getting whatever help they need!
- $40,269.95 was used to purchase artificial turf for the North Shelter dog park
- $29,715.01 was used for internal veterinary services
- $26,901.94 was used for medical supplies for our shelter animals
- $25,950.86 was used for a dog behaviour consultant so that we can find the best possible human match for the dogs in our care
- $16,918.89 was used for operational expenses for the Spay Neuter Your Pet Truck (SNYP Truck), a new program that launched in 2016 that provides spay/neuter services to residents who may not be able to afford to this for their pet.
- $14,975.63 was used for medical equipment for the SNYP Truck
- $4744.76 was used to purchase traps for the Trap, Neuter Return Program for Feral Cats, so that feral cats can be humanely captured and brought to Toronto Animal Services for surgery
- $5342.41 was used for advertising and promotions for the Chip Truck, a program that provides micro-chipping to Toronto residents
- $3589.24 was used for portable adoption cages for events
- $2732.30 was used for natural gas costs for the feral cat recovery centre - where feral cats go for a few days of rest and relaxation after they are spayed or neutered and before they are released back to their outdoor colony
- $1570.40 was used for the hydro costs for the feral cat recovery centre
- $956.54 was used to pay the Outreach Coordinator for the SNYP Truck
Thank you to Hill's Science Diet!
Each year, Hill's Science Diet provides us with the food we need to feed the dogs and cats in all four shelters. They also provide us with a 5 lb. bag of dog food and 3 lb. bag of cat food to send home with every new dog or cat owner, so that the pet can transition smoothly into his/her new home.