Real Estate Services Division (RES) provides a full range of comprehensive and professional services to all City divisions involving a wide range of property interests. Our services include appraisals, acquisitions & expropriation, leasing & site management, and portfolio planning, management & sales.
Feedback from our customers is critical to our success. We are committed to listening and improving our services and in treating our customers in an open, transparent and timely manner.
This complaint handling procedure is established to provide the public with clear steps to follow when making a complaint and to ensure each is handled fairly and efficiently.
If your complaint is specific to Real Estate Services regarding property transactions, please contact Brian Varner, Manager of Policy and Appraisals at (416) 392-1858 or by email.
If you are not satisfied with the response from Stage 1, please contact the Director of Real Estate Services at (416) 392-7202 or by email.
If your complaint is regarding other Toronto Public Service, please call 311 to have your complaint directed to the appropriate staff.
Complaint Information and Timeline
- Please complete the Complaint Tracking Form or provide details such as:
- Contact information including full name of complainant, full address, telephone numbers and e-mail address
- Description of complaint, what happened, who was involved, dates and times, building address, service area or location of problem
- Include names of witnesses, photographs, and other pertinent information
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or please leave a message and your call will be returned within three business days.
In case you are not satisfied with the outcome received, please have copies of the original complaint and responses prior to escalation and follow these steps::
- Step 1:
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome received from the Director of Real Estate Services (Stage 2), please contact the Chief Corporate Officer at 416-397-4156 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Step 2:
- If you are not satisfied with the response received from Step 1, please contact the Deputy City Manager's Office at 416-392-8773 or email: email@example.com.
- Step 3:
- If you are not satisfied with the response received from Step 2, please contact the City Manager's Office at 416-392-8102 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Step 4:
- If you are still not satisfied with how your complaint was handled, you may escalate your complaint to the Office of the Ombudsman at 416-392-7062 or email: email@example.com
In compliance with the City of Toronto's Complaint Handling Guidelines, all complaints will be logged and tracked from initial receipt throughout the entire process until the complaint is resolved.
Thank you for helping us serve you better.