- What is the Municipal Land Transfer Tax (MLTT) Administration Fee?
- When does the administration fee begin?
- What type of transactions is the administration fee applied to?
- How will the fee be collected?
- Who can I contact for more information?
On February 17, 2016, Toronto City Council approved a new Municipal Land Transfer Tax administrative fee for the processing costs associated with MLTT transactions.
Effective April 1, 2016, the new administration fee of $75.00 plus HST will be charged on MLTT transactions.
The MLTT administrative fee is applicable to all MLTT transactions, with the following exception(s):
- "Exempt" transactions defined within S760-14 of the City of Toronto Municipal Code; and
- Nominal value MLTT transactions wherein the value of consideration (VOC) is less than $14,399.00 CDN.
First time home buyers that receive the full rebate are still subject to the admin fee.
The fee for electronically registered documents will be collected at the time of registration along with the principle MLTT tax through Teraview. For transactions not registered electronically with Teraview, individuals or their representative must go to the Revenue Services customer service counter at North York Civic Centre (5100 Yonge St. – Lower Level, North York).
For additional supporting information about the MLTT administrative fee, please contact:
- firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-395-7020