Employment & Social Services

Ontario Works – Children in Temporary Care of Children’s Aid Societies

Starting April 1, 2017, Ontario Works payments will not be reduced if a child is placed in the temporary care of a Children’s Aid Society or Indigenous Child Well-being Society.

What does this mean for you?
If your child is currently in the temporary care of a Children’s Aid Society, or Indigenous Child Well-being Society, or placed with an alternate caregiver, you should contact your Ontario Works caseworker to ensure your case information and monthly social assistance amount is correct.

Need more information?
Visit ontario.ca/community or contact your caseworker.