North York C.C.

North York Civic Centre

5100 Yonge Street   
(On the west side of Yonge Street, five blocks north of Sheppard Avenue)
Toronto, ON M2N 5V7

Public transit: subway to North York Centre Station.

Accessible entrances and ramps

South doors:

The primary accessible entrance to North York Civic Centre is from the North York Boulevard south doors. There is a drop-off/pick-up circle close to two accessible doors on the main floor.

North doors:

The north doors are equally accessible via a circular drive off of Beecroft Road. This drop-off area also services the Douglas Snow Aquatics Centre and the west entrance to NYCC. See map for location.

There is a door bell at the north and south doors that can be used to contact the Security Desk for assistance.


The south doors serve as a pick-up and drop-off location for Wheel-Trans customers travelling to North York Civic Centre and the Toronto District School Board.

The north doors serve as a pick-up and drop-off location for Wheel-Trans customers going to the Toronto Public Library located next door. See map for locations.


There are five reserved accessible parking spots at the south doors. See map for location.

There are no accessible parking spots at the north doors but there is Municipal Parking (Green P) on the west side of Beecroft Road. For more information please call 416-393-7275 or visit www.greenp.com. See map for location.

Security Desk

Should you require accessibility information or assistance, please call North York Civic Centre Security at 416-395-6900. For general inquiries, please call 311.

Additional information

Mel Lastman Square is accessible from the north-east corner of the lower level of NYCC. There is a small vertical platform lift that requires the assistance of on-site Security personnel contacted from an intercom at that location.

Building hours

The building is open Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. and Saturday, Sunday and statutory/designated holidays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.

For details and business hours of specific counter services (e.g. marriage licences, building permits), please search the 311 Knowledge Base on the 311 home page or call 311.

Back to top

Back to: About