A picnic permit is required for groups larger than 25 persons, or groups of any size wishing to use the firepits. Wood is often provided free of charge with a fire pit reservation. Please call (416) 392-8188 to book a permit.
General Picnic Information for Toronto Islands
- Individuals/organizations may not bring alcohol onto Toronto Islands. Alcoholic beverages may be purchased in advance from Centre Island Catering. Please phone (416) 203-0405 for details.
- Propane or gas BBQs are not permitted on the Ferry Boats for safety reasons. You must only bring charcoal BBQs only.
- Shelters cannot be reserved or held, they are shared.
- No amplified music or microphones.
- Sale of food/items is not permitted.
- Tables and BBQs cannot be guaranteed. No balloons, decorations or signage permitted.
- No inflatable games, dunk tanks, generators or staked tents or tarps.
- No outside caterers are permitted on to the park. Please contact the exclusive caterer on the Toronto Islands for catering, Centre Island Catering at (416) 203-0405
- Please note bonfires require liability insurance in the amount of two million dollars naming the City of Toronto as additional insured.
- Please note that it is recommended that you arrive to your picnic area(s) booked for Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays by 10:00 a.m.
- Four-wheeled freight wagons (approx. 5' x 2 1/2' x 3') can be rented at the Mainland Ferry Docks on a first-come, first-served basis
School groups and catering
For all catered events on the Toronto Islands excluding Olympic Island, please contact Centre Island Catering at (416) 203-0405 for details.
Individuals/organizations may not bring alcohol onto Toronto Islands. Alcoholic beverages may be purchased in advance from Centre Island Catering. Please phone (416) 203-0405 for details.