Deadline for appeals and late funding applications for 2017-18:
Friday, October 27, 2017 at 4 p.m.
Appeal and Application Forms
- 2017-18 Grant Appeal form (PDF)
- Grant Application form - Kindergarten to Grade 12 (PDF) Note: there is only one application and it covers all age groups.
- Program Menu Form (PDF)
All applications will be considered for two separate government grants:
- City of Toronto Student Nutrition Program grant.
- Ontario Student Nutrition Program grant offered by the Ministry of Children and Youth Services. Information about this grant is available from the Ministry's website in English and French.
Unfortunately, at this time it is not possible to award a grant to all qualified applicants or to all programs that received a grant in the past.
Funding priority is given to student nutrition programs that have received a municipal and/or provincial grant within the last three years. Note: No new afternoon snack, lunch or dinner applications are being accepted.
Municipal and provincial funding covers only a small portion of total program costs, based on individual program needs.
To be eligible for a Student Nutrition Program grant, your program must:
- provide breakfast, snack or lunch to school-aged children or youth
- operate in a publically funded elementary or high school in Toronto, unless the program has maintained funding since 2007
- operate 5 days a week (provincially designated breakfast and morning meal programs which are eligible for an enhanced provincial grant); a minimum of 2 days per week for other program types
All programs receiving a municipal and/or provincial grant are required to meet certain funding criteria. These include:
- serve food that is good for students, according to the Student Nutrition Program's new Nutrition Guideline Summary (PDF)
- be open to all school-aged students, even those who are unable to pay
- serve foods that reflect students' faiths and cultures
- submit financial and activity reports every month
- ensure staff and volunteers attend a Student Nutrition Program Food Safety and Nutrition workshop; always have one person on site when the program is running who has been trained in the past two years
The Grant Application Guide has the full funding criteria details.
Grant Application Resources
You can learn more about the grant by reading the following information: