Accounting Services' primary responsibility is the preparation of the City's annual consolidated financial statements, ensuring that all transactions are accounted for in accordance with standards set by the Public Sector Accounting Board, and meet provincial and federal legislative reporting requirements. To meet this primary objective, the division ensures accurate and timely execution and reporting of all transactions, including payments to City vendors.
The Division also:
- provides quality assurances through established standards of excellence, communication and monitoring practices
- promotes innovation by reviewing policies, procedures, practices and implementing systems for improvement
- solicits ideas from internal and external client groups and incorporates feedback into daily activities
- engages in various financial reporting, invoicing and vendor payment activities
- supports other divisions with their financial reporting needs
- supports and educates customers and vendors on processes, requirements and performance standards