The City is undertaking a comprehensive planning study for the Downtown, called TOcore. Downtown is a vibrant and complex place. It’s full of tall buildings, neighbourhood spaces (like libraries and community centres), and many jobs and homes. It’s also made up of the spaces between buildings, spaces like streets, parks, sidewalks, and squares. Downtown is where Toronto gathers—a place to stroll, shop, eat, take in the scene, be entertained, or enjoy our amazing public places. Then there are the things we sometimes take for granted, like the pipes that carry our water and wires that bring us power. All of these things work together to make Downtown the place it is today.
As Downtown continues to grow, we need a new plan to help shape its future. This is the moment to determine the bold policy changes and transformative infrastructure moves needed to ensure Downtown continues on a path towards a more liveable, connected, prosperous, resilient and responsible future.
TOcore is about creating a new Secondary Plan for the Downtown, along with several supporting infrastructure strategies for things like Parks and the Public Realm, Transportation, Community Services, etc.
December 13, 2016: TOcore Proposals Report – Downtown Secondary Plan Directions and Update
Staff Reports and Presentations
- Attachment 1 - TOcore: Planning Downtown, Proposals Report Part 1 & Part 2
- Attachment 2 - Summary of TOcore Policy Directions:
TTC Reports and Presentations
July 11, 2016: TTC Board Meeting
- TTC Presentation – "The Importance of Streetcars in the TTC's Integrated Transit Network"
- City Planning Presentation – "King Street Visioning Study"
- May 5, 2016 - We need to get King Street moving - Pembina Institute
- May 12, 2016 - Global transit projects to inspire King Street - Pembina Institute
- May 16, 2016 - Why we need to learn to love pilot projects" - Pembina Institute
- June 14, 2016 - How we can get King Street moving - Pembina Institute
- June 15, 2016 - It's time to reimagine Toronto's Streetcar 'King' Jennifer Keesmaat
- June 16, 2016 - Our Future King" Pembina Institute