Toronto Island Park reopening
- Toronto Island Park, including Centre Island, Centreville Theme Park, Ward's Island and Hanlan's Point, is now reopen to the public as of Monday, July 31.
- Regular summer ferry service to Toronto Island Park has also resumed.
- Online ferry ticket sales are once again available.
- City of Toronto recreation programs resumed on Monday, July 31.
- Event permits for Toronto Island Park are being reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Following one of the wettest months of April on record, the Toronto area experienced record-breaking water levels in Lake Ontario and watershed levels throughout the city. Various authorities including, Environment Canada, TRCA, and the International Joint Commission on the Great Lakes are reporting that conditions on Lake Ontario appear to be stabilizing and water levels have begun to slowly subside.
Ongoing safety precaution: the Scarborough Bluffs area remains heavily saturated with water, causing significant erosion and many landslides. The risk to public safety is significant. Access to the shoreline is strictly restricted. Members of the public are urged to obey all signage and notices and to avoid areas and access points that are restricted. Please review the TRCA's public notice and use caution.
Updated: August 4, 2017, 2 p.m.