The Next General Election is: October 22, 2018
As part of the City Clerk's responsibilities, Election Services manages and conducts Toronto's municipal elections, by-elections, referendums and appointments of vacancies to council and school board trustees. One of the most important mandates of the City Clerk is to make elections accessible to all.
During the election process, the unit also manages the filing and disclosure of candidates' financial statements, and administers the rebate program for contributions to municipal election campaigns.
We abide by the following principles when conducting the City's election:
- The secrecy and confidentiality of the voting process is paramount;
- The election shall be fair and must not favour one candidate over another;
- The election shall be accessible to the voters;
- The integrity of the process shall be maintained throughout the election;
- The proper majority vote decides the election, which is achieved by ensuring, so far as is reasonably possible, that valid votes be counted and invalid votes be rejected; and
- Voters and candidates shall be treated fairly and consistently.
Election Services hours and locations:
- Monday to Friday (except holidays), 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- City Hall, 100 Queen Street West, 1st Floor N, Toronto, ON M5H 2N2
- 89 Northline Road, Toronto, ON M4B 3G1