August 25, 2014 - City Council
TE34.96 - Carlaw + Dundas Community Initiative - A Public Space Plan for the Carlaw-Dundas Area
City Council adopted the Carlaw + Dundas Community Initiative item with the following recommendations.
- City Council adopt the Carlaw + Dundas Community Initiative and support its implementation based on the principles, strategies and initiatives identified in this plan.
- City Council require that future development applications within the Carlaw-Dundas area contribute towards public space improvements outlined in the Carlaw + Dundas Community Initiative.
- City Council request the Chief Planner and Executive Director, City Planning Division, to co-ordinate the implementation of the plan through an interdivisional team including City Planning, Economic Development, Parks, Forestry and Recreation, and Transportation Services.
- City Council endorse the establishment of a Stakeholder Advisory Committee consisting of members from the community to provide input as implementation of the plan proceeds.
- City Council direct that the City of Toronto enter into a cost-sharing agreement with Toronto Hydro to update Badgerow Parkette as part of the Public Space Plan for the Carlaw Dundas Area.
Feburary 26, 2013 - Toronto and East York Community Council
TE22.84 - Dundas/Carlaw Corridor Study
On February 26, 2013, TEY Community Council further directed that City Planning include items in the study as follows:
- Recommendations for safe pedestrian crossings on Carlaw Avenue.
- Public Realm and community benefits that are desirable for the neighbourhood and a plan to implement these benefits.
- A review of the feasibility of allowing condo-owners to construct loft space within their unit without requiring a variance from the Committee of Adjustment for increasing the gross floor area of the unit.
- Recommendations for transit provisions that promote economic development and quality of life in the neighbourhood.
- A review of the relationship of this community to the surrounding residential community.
- Incorporate the findings of the City Planning's ongoing condo consultations.
October 10, 2012 - Toronto and East York Community Council
TE19.6 - Final Report - 345, 347 and 349 Carlaw Avenue - Zoning Amendment Application
On October 10, TEY Community Council directed City Planning to report back to Toronto and East York Community Council in 2013 on potential development guidelines and public realm improvements for the Dundas and Carlaw community.