Children's Services

How to reach us

ExpandWho do I contact with questions about my subsidy?

If you are receiving subsidy or if you are on the wait list for subsidy, your caseworker can help you with most of your questions. Each office has a supervisor who would be happy to provide additional assistance if needed. If you do not know who your caseworker is, please call 416-392-5437.

ExpandWho do I contact regarding child care subsidy appeals, concerns or complaints?

  • The Toronto Children's Services Client Liaison Consultant can help with:
    • Resolving your concerns
    • Addressing child care complaints
    • Appealing decisions about eligibility for fee subsidy
    • Contact the Client Liaison Consultant at 416-397-1262
  • If your caseworker or the supervisor is unable to help you with your subsidy concerns or complaints, or you want to appeal a decision about your eligibility, you may contact the Children's Services Client Liaison Consultant, who can assist you in finding the child care answers you need. The Client Liaison Consultant manages the Children's Services appeal process, addresses administrative fairness and provides support to clients within the divisional policy and procedures.
  • An applicant will have the right to appeal policy, procedure or a decision related to their eligibility for child care fee subsidy.
    The option of appealing should be discussed first with a caseworker.

    A client who is appealing must submit a letter of appeal, addressed to the Appeal Committee to the District Office, with supporting documentation, if appropriate.
  • The Client Liaison Consultant will prepare your appeal and forward it to the Appeal Committee on your behalf.
  • You will be contacted by the District Office and advised of the final Appeal Committee decision. In addition, you will receive a letter confirming the decision.
  • If you have concerns or complaints related directly to your child care provider, please call a Children's Services Consultant at 416-397-7359.

ExpandHow do I report suspected subsidy fraud?

If you want to report suspected misuse of the child care fee subsidy program, please contact the City's Fraud and Waste Hotline number: 416-397-STOP (7867). The information you provide will be treated as anonymous and confidential and will be investigated.

Or you can write to:

Fraud & Waste Hotline Program
The Auditor General's Office
55 John Street, 9th floor
Toronto, ON M5V 3C6

More information on the Citys Fraud and Waste Hotline can be found here.

ExpandHow do I report suspected child abuse or neglect?

Children's Services Division is not a Children's Aid Society. If you suspect a child is, or may be in need of protection, you must contact one of the following Children's Aid Societies that serve Toronto:

  • Children's Aid Society of Toronto 416-924-4646
  • Catholic Children's Aid Society 416-395-1500
  • Jewish Child and Family Service 416-638-7800
  • Native Child and Family Services of Toronto 416-969-8510
Call 311

If you require further information on City of Toronto programs or services call 3-1-1, or email 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.