Find information regarding public consultations on new Business Improvement Areas.
Registry Services mails a BIA Poll Notice to each business property owner in the proposed BIA area.
A business property owner must give a copy to each commercial and industrial tenant of the property within 30 days of receipt.
These documents are posted to the City's website:
- BIA Poll Notice giving information on the proposal and how to submit a ballot
- The Declaration and Ballot for the poll
- A Proof of Ownership or Tenancy form
- Map of the proposed BIA area
Poll results are available within 15 business days of the last day of polling.
You can take part in a BIA poll if, in the proposed BIA area, you are:
- A business property owner,
- A commercial tenant
- An industrial tenant
You can only submit one ballot even if you own more than one property or business in the area
If you are eligible to take part in a BIA poll, you can:
- Complete a Declaration and Ballot
- Complete a Declaration and provide proof of ownership or tenancy, if you are a:
- Property owner who purchased the property within the last 12 months
- Commercial tenant
- Industrial tenant
- Submit the documents by the deadline indicated on the Notice to:
- Mail: Registry Services, City Hall, 100 Queen Street West, Rotunda, Toronto, ON M5H 2N2
A by-law to establish, expand or repeal a BIA will not be passed if:
- The number of accepted ballots submitted fails to exceed the lesser of a minimum of 30% of the number of notices mailed, or 100 ballots
- 50% or more of the accepted ballots respond in the negative.