- Look up the particular funding program and the division that administers the program in the table below.
- Provide complaint information using the contact information provided in the table.
- If you need assistance determining which division to contact, please call: Manager, Community Funding, Social Development, Finance and Administration at 416-397-7302.
How to make a complaint
When making a complaint, please include the following information:
- Complainant name
- Complainant contact information (address, email or phone)
- The name of the program or service about which the complaint is being made
- Details of the complaint
- Any actions the complainant wishes the specific division to take
Submitting a complaint
Please refer to the chart below to determine which division administers the funding program.
City of Toronto funding programs listed by Division
|Complaint protocols by Division|
Social Development, Finance and Administration (SDFA) funding programs:
|SDFA Complaint Policy and Procedures|
Economic Development and Culture (EDC) funding programs:
|EDC Complaints and Feedback|
Public Health funding programs:
|Public Health Complaints and Feedback|
Shelter, Support and Housing funding program:
|SSHA Complaints and Feedback|
Toronto Arts Council funded program:
Toronto Atmospheric Fund (TAF) funded programs:
|Toronto Atmospheric Fund website|
City Planning funding program:
|City Planning Division Complaint Procedure|
Receipt of complaint and timelines
Complaints will be handled according to the timelines of the responsible division. All complaints are documented and addressed as quickly as possible.
Collection and understanding of complaint information
There will be a written record made of all complaints through the complaint policy and procedures of the City Division responsible for the funding program.
The information gathered will include:
- Name of the complainant
- Date and details of the complaint
- Communication with the complainant, City staff and other parties
The initial information will be taken and recorded by the division's Complaint Contact as identified in the chart above. As the resolution of the complaint occurs, additional information will be added to the record.
Your complaint will be handled in a confidential manner. However, when the complaint is investigated, you may be directly identified as a result of the investigation.