If you are a City of Toronto employee, you should report human rights, harassment or accommodation-related concerns to your supervisor/manager.  You can submit the Employee Harassment/Discrimination Complaint Form to your supervisor/manager and/or consult your union. If you are a City of Toronto job applicants you should report human rights or accommodation-related concerns to the Human Resources division.

If City management or Human Resources have not been able to address your human rights, harassment, or accommodation concerns, City of Toronto employees and job applicants may contact the Human Rights Office for confidential advice and information about their rights and complaints resolution options.  You can call 416-392-8383 or email humanrights@toronto.ca

If you have questions or need information about accessibility at the City, you may call 416- 338-2632 or email Accessibility@toronto.ca.  If you have a complaint about accessibility or a disability-related barrier at the City, please contact the Human Rights Office.

You can submit a concern to the Human Rights Office using our confidential
secure online complaint form.

Is the City's Human Rights Office Able to Help You?

ExpandHuman Rights/Harassment Concerns of City of Toronto Employees or Job Applicants

The City of Toronto's Human Rights Office provides advice, information and assistance regarding human rights, workplace harassment and accommodation issues involving City of Toronto employment and job applications

If you are unsure whether or not your human rights or accommodation concern involves City of Toronto employment or job application you may call the Human Rights Office at 416-392-8383 or email humanrights@toronto.ca.

ExpandConcerns Regarding City Council, Agencies or Corporations of the City

The Human Rights Office has no jurisdiction over Toronto City Council, its committees, Members of Local Boards, or over the City's various Agencies and Corporations (e.g., the Toronto Transit Commission, Toronto Police Services, Toronto Community Housing etc.)

For complaints concerning Toronto City Council, Committee members or Members of a Local Board please call the Integrity Commissioner at 416-392-3826.  If your complaint concerns one of the City's Agencies or Corporations you may call 311 for contact information so that you can file a complaint directly with the organization.

ExpandHuman Rights/Harassment Concerns About a Non-City Employer or Job Application

If you have a human rights complaint regarding employment but you are not a City of Toronto employee or job applicant (eg., discriminatory treatment by a private employer), you may call the Human Rights Legal Support Centre at 416-597-4900.

If you have a workplace harassment or workplace sexual harassment complaint involving a non-City employer, please report the incidents to your employer and/or consult your union.  To notify the Ministry of Labour of an incident, please call their Health & Safety Contact Centre at 1-877-202-0008

If you have a human rights complaint regarding employment that is within federal jurisdiction (eg., discriminatory treatment by a bank or telecommunications company), you may call the Canadian Human Rights Commission at 1-888-214-1090

Do You Require Accommodation from the City of Toronto?

ExpandRequesting Accommodation at the City of Toronto

If you require accommodation in order to meet a job duty/requirement at the City, or to participate in a City of Toronto job application process, you may wish to review the City's Accommodation Policy, Accommodation Procedures and the Accommodation Guidelines that apply to you:

The Request/Document Accommodation Plan Form can be used by employees and job applicants to request accommodation within the City's accommodation process.  Please fill in the form and submit the completed form to your supervisor/manager if you are a City employee, or to the City's Human Resources division if you are a City job applicant.

If you require assistance in completing the accommodation request form, City employees should speak with their supervisor and/or union.  Job applicants should speak with Human Resources division.

If you have accommodation concerns that your supervisor, union or Human Resources are not able to address, you may contact the City's Human Rights Office at 416-392-8383 or email humanrights@toronto.ca

In your accommodation request, you will need to provide details on your restrictions/functional limitations which prevent you from meeting your job requirements or from fully participating in a City of Toronto job competition.  Understanding Functional Limitations provides information to assist you in identifying restrictions/functional limitations that require accommodation.