Traffic Conditions and Restrictions
City of Toronto is facing an unprecedented amount of public and private construction activity on our roads. This often causes frustration for drivers, business owners and residents as pressure is placed on our transportation routes when lanes of traffic are taken away to accommodate this work, The City is working hard to coordinate these various construction activities. Find out more about Construction Coordination in the City and to learn more about the challenges of construction and what the city is doing to minimize disruptions, click here.
Click one of the tabs below and read the paragraph that appears beneath it for more information on infrastructure construction.
There's an old saying about Toronto that goes like this: There are two seasons in Toronto, winter and infrastructure renewal.
Wait. You say you've heard the joke, but the punchline was different.
Well, there are two sides to every story. Let's take a different perspective on the construction you see on city streets.
Examples of the misunderstanding about the City's construction work and traffic coordination.
- Intersection of Bay Street and Harbour Street in downtown Toronto closed beginning Friday for road reconstruction (October 4, 2017)
- Construction to partially close Park Lawn Road and Lake Shore Boulevard West intersection this long weekend (October 3, 2017)
- City of Toronto reopens the Lower Don Trail (September 22, 2017)
- Update: One lane will remain open during construction on Allen Road off-ramp beginning September 25 (September 22, 2017)
- Construction to close Allen Road off-ramp beginning September 25 (September 21, 2017)
- Construction to close part of Coxwell Avenue and Queen Street East intersection beginning July 31 (July 26, 2017)
- TTC streetcar track replacement work to close lanes on Lake Shore Boulevard West for next six months (June 23, 2017)
- Lane reductions on Queen Street for sidewalk and streetscaping work (June 14, 2017)
- Lane reductions on College Street for sidewalk and streetscaping work (June 13, 2017)
- Section of Military Trail roadway in Scarborough closed for road work and watermain repairs (May 18, 2017)
- City of Toronto co-ordinating road closures, speeding up road work and improving infrastructure during busy 2017 construction season (April 10, 2017)
- Eastbound ramp from Gardiner Expressway to York/Bay/Yonge Streets closed as of April 17 (April 6, 2017)