Commercial Xpress is an enhanced Building Permit service for certain types of projects. Toronto Building's goal is to review eligible applications within 10 business days.
The following projects qualify for Commercial Xpress Service:
- Interior alterations to Assembly, Business, Industrial, Office and Retail uses
- Up to 300m2 in area
- No change of use
- No change in patron area for restaurants
- Minor fire damage repair
Separate permits are required for plumbing, drains and HVAC. These permits do not qualify for Commercial Xpress.
What do I need to submit to make an application?
- Completed application form.
- Full permit fee
- All forms, drawings and information listed in the Application Guide for your project type.
- One electronic copy on a rewritable DVD, USB, or by email of:
- fully-dimensioned site/key plan
- construction drawings of the proposed project
All forms can be downloaded from our forms page and completed electronically. For more information please consult our Electronic Submission Guidelines.
When and where?
Help us protect your privacy
Please do not include any personal information on your building plans (e.g., the homeowner's name or phone number). Building plans submitted for permit are subject to disclosure in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA).