Come join us for an unforgettable summer camp experience in the great outdoors!! For over 60 years, we have strived to provide every camper with a unique camp experience and an opportunity to create memories that will last a lifetime. Our outdoor NAture ORiented CAmp (NAORCA) is filled with true camp spirit! It is a day camp that has the feel of a traditional overnight camp. Camp Naorca is a member of, and has been accredited by, the Ontario Camps Association (OCA) since 1967.
Surrounded by over 55 acres of conservation land, Camp Naorca is located in the heart of North York at Dufferin Street and Finch Avenue. It is situated on same site as the Toronto District School Board's Forest Valley Outdoor Education Centre. Our camp operates in the summer only.
Fall/ Winter/ Spring Office: 89 Church Avenue (Yonge St and Finch Ave W)
Summer Campsite: 60 Blue Forest Drive (Dufferin St and Finch Ave W)
Daily Programming - Old Favourites and New Experiences
For over 60 years, Camp Naorca staff have strived to pass down all of our best-loved camp traditions. In addition, campers can expect a fun-filled time, enjoying our environmentally friendly programming. Camp Naorca staff allow campers to gain a greater awareness of, and appreciation for, nature and the environment through:
- Hiking activities
- Arts and crafts
- Drama and cooperative games
- Active games and sports
- Nature and ecology projects
- Campfires and outdoor cooking
- Special guests
- Music and song
- Nature lore and storytelling
- Special events
- Specialty workshops
- Swimming and water-play activities are held at a nearby community centre pool.
Camper Sections and Ages
Specific program plans are designed for each age group, to meet their skill set and interests.
- Bluejays - 4 ½ to 5 years
- Falcons - 6 years
- Skyhawks - 7 to 8 years
- T-Birds - 9 to 10 years
- Eagles- 11 years
- Pathfinders - 12 to 14 years
- Counsellor-In-Training Camp (CIT) - 15 years +
Note: Campers must be the required age by the program start date, as age overrides are not provided.
Integration and Support for Campers with Special Needs
We welcome and include children and youth with special needs/disabilities to explore our summer camp opportunities at a level of participation suitable to their ability. Due to the high demand of support staff, a maximum of 2 WEEKS of support may be provided by City of Toronto staff. If you would like to register for more than 2 weeks of camp, please call the Camp Naorca office directly at 416 395-0150.
If your child requires a staff to support their special need:
- Please DO NOT register campers with special needs, in our mainstream barcodes (i.e. bluejays, falcons, skyhawks, tbirds, eagles, or pathfinders) Registration in our mainstream barcodes is not permitted and will not be honoured.
- Please register campers with special needs in a Camp Naorca "Special Needs" program barcode ONLY. If barcodes are FULL, please place camper on the WAITLIST. In an attempt to accommodate as many campers as possible, we do follow up with ALL registered and waitlisted campers.
- All registered and waitlisted participants, will be contacted by Camp Naorca staff in early spring, to arrange an assessment meeting. An assessment meeting is a requirement before camp starts, in order to gauge the compatibility of Camp Naorca with the dynamics of each child who has special needs. (Please note, if you had an assessment meeting already with a City of Toronto staff in the fall or winter, you may still need to conduct one again with Camp Naorca staff, due to the unique nature of our facility setting and program)
- Once camp commences, your child will be integrated with the other campers in their age group and will be assigned an additional staff support. The additional staff provided will be available during camp program hours ONLY; NOT during bus pick up, drop off and travel
Pathfinder Camping Trip for 12 - 14 years
In addition to registering for the pathfinder program barcode, pathfinder campers have the option of registering for a two night/three day camping trip to a nearby provincial park. These camping trips are designed to help foster independence and develop camping skills. Under the supervision of Staff, campers will enjoy playing an active role in the set-up of a campsite and preparation of campfire meals. They will also help plan and participate in daily physical activities and specialized evening programming around the campfire.
Note: There is an additional fee to register for this camping trip. A separate off-location trip permission form and information package will be sent home the first day of each session.
Counsellor-in-training (C.I.T) Program for 15 years +
Camp Naorca offers an exceptional quality leadership program for youth 15+ years. C.I.T's attend on-site theory workshops with their peers, to learn about such topics as: communication, conflict resolution, child development and leadership. The remainder of the time, C.I.T's are assigned a supervised job shadowing placement, within the camp. Our program provides an opportunity to gain valuable experience in assisting our counsellors with daily camp activities. Youth with special needs/disabilities are welcome to register and must be able to participate independently in the C.I.T. Program.
Note: Participants may register for either our July session or our August session; not both. Registered participants will be contacted prior to the commencement of this program, in order to attend a mandatory orientation workshop.
Bus Transportation Service
Bus transportation is offered at no additional charge, but seats are limited. This service is provided by a professional school bus company. Camp Naorca bus stops span across the North York District, but may be subject to change based on registration demand and road restrictions. Campers must register for one bus stop only. This will be the same location for pick up and drop off.
Bus pick-up occurs between 8 am-8:50 am and drop-off occurs between 4:05 pm-5 pm.
Camp Naorca Staff are on all buses with the campers. They fill the trip with sing-a-longs, storytelling and other fun activities. For concerns with first time bus travellers, please inform the office in advance. Parents/Guardians are responsible for the supervision of campers at bus stops, before pickup and after drop-off times. Prior to the start of each session, staff will call to confirm bus stop times. Parents/Guardians are responsible for signing their child on and off the bus every day.
- Camp Naorca operates daily from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (NO extended hours)
- Each session is 9 days in length. (NO CAMP July 3, 28, or August 7, 25)
- Campers must register for BOTH a program barcode and a bus stop barcode.
- Campers must be the required age by the program start date as we do not provide age overrides.
- If campers require additional support, please register in the Camp Naorca Special Needs Support Program Barcode only.
- Campers must register for one bus stop only. This will be the same location for pick up and drop off.
- If parents/guardians wish to drive campers to camp and NOT utilize the bus service, please register them in the Camp Naorca Sign In/Out barcode.
Information packages will be mailed out to registered participants at the beginning of May. If you have registered after this time, you may call or email us to obtain this package. In addition, camp staff will call all registered participants a few days prior to the start of each session, to confirm bus stop times, what to wear, what to bring etc. Lunch, drinks and snacks are to be provided by parents/guardians. Litterless meals are strongly encouraged.
Hotline telephone #: (416) 395-0150
Email address: email@example.com
For a complete listing of our program barcodes and bus stop locations / barcodes, please see the North York District FUN Guide and search for the Camp Naorca page in the Summer Camp section.
For our registration page, please click here.