Want to know how to make your business, workplace, school or community more bicycle friendly?
- Survey employees to find out what they would like to see in the way of cycling infrastructure or programs.
- Organize a group ride or cycle-to-work-pool. This could be the first step to starting a BUG (Bicycle User Group) at your workplace.
- Encourage your employees to participate in Bike Week events. Post and distribute the City's calendar of events.
- Request free Post & Ring bike racks on City property. Call the City at 416-392-9253 for more information.
- Make space available inside your workplace for bicycle parking. An area that can be monitored by staff or security cameras will further reduce the possibility of bike theft.
- Consider how you could use bicycles to deliver packages or goods from your business, either with a bicycle courier company or by employees. Larger items can be delivered by bike trailer.
- Establish a pool of bicycles for use by employees to travel to and from meetings or work-related travel during the day.
- Call the Bicycle Promotions Office at 416-392-7592 to arrange a special seminar or course on safe and effective cycling, or to get more tips on integrating cycling.