Important Notice: Ordering Archival Images
Please note that beginning June 22, there will be significant delays in filling orders for archival image reproductions. The Archives regrets any inconvenience this may cause.
The Archives can provide reproductions of photographs and other archival materials, subject to the Copyright Act. See copyright guidelines for researchers.
All orders for image reproductions must be pre-paid. Please contact our reference staff at 416-397-0778 for more information.
It is up to researchers to ensure the accuracy of the citations on their orders.
Please note that the online order form is only available for images that have already been scanned, and you will need an e-mail address, otherwise you will have to order images using the paper form (below).
Online payment of fees is not available yet. The Archives will continue to contact you to arrange for payment and notify you when your order is ready.
Ordering using a paper form
To order a copy of something that you find in our database but cannot see online (meaning that it has not yet been scanned), you must use a paper image reproduction request form.
- How to use the image reproduction request form
- Image reproduction request form (pdf format)
- Image permission form (pdf format)
- City of Toronto's internet privacy statement.
When filling out the image reproductions request form or the image permission request form, you must provide the following information on both forms:
- Fonds/Series and File/Item number (i.e.: Series 1244, Item 3)
- Title/description of the item (i.e, 1904 fire ruins)
- The intended use (i.e., personal use, publication in a newsletter)
- And your complete contact information.
When filling out the image permission request form, please be sure that the person signing the form is someone responsible for the production of the end product (not just a researcher or staff member).