What You Need to Know
When submitting your documentation to Registry Services you must have a business licence number from Municipal Licensing & Standards.
Your establishment must be ready for inspection within 30 days from the day your application is submitted.
If your application includes an outdoor patio you must ensure that a building permit has been issued that includes the patio OR that you have obtained a preliminary zoning review for the patio. If you are unsure call Toronto Building at 416-395-7000.
Registry Services will:
- Complete your Municipal Information form and submit it to the AGCO
- Circulate your application and documentation to Fire Services, Toronto Building and Public Health for letters of approval
- Give notice of your application to Toronto Police Services, Municipal Licensing & Standards and the City Councillor for the area
Fire Services, Toronto Building and Public Health will:
- Contact you to arrange an inspection
- Conduct the inspection
- Provide the AGCO with the required approval or denial
You will then be contacted by the AGCO.
How to Apply
Submit to Registry Services:
- The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) Municipal Information form
- Floor plans identifying the proposed area to be licensed
- The City's Municipal Liquor Licence Clearance form
- An administration fee:
- Effective April 3, 2017 - $817.36 (including HST)
- Payments accepted: Cash, debit, credit card or certified cheque payable to "Treasurer, City of Toronto"