We've Been Expecting You (WBEY) training
We've Been Expecting You (WBEY) training sessions are offered to members of the hospitality, tourism and service industries who want to adopt the principles of the WBEY program at their organization. These sessions are offered free of charge.
Are you in a front-line service position? Do you work directly with visitors to our city? If so, the Front Line training session is for you! Learn about the principles of the WBEY program and the resources available to help you in working with visitors. After this session, you will be ready to welcome visitors to your organization …and your city!
Various training options are available. Find one that works for your organization.
In 2011, We've Been Expecting You training began in a classroom format. Sessions were attended by organizations representing the accommodation, food and beverage, transportation, service and attraction sectors. The response was excellent.
Participant survey responses:
- Nearly 96% of all participants would recommend the workshop
- 87% of participants agreed what they had learned in the workshop would help make visitors feel welcome
- 88% agreed what they had learned would help them provide service above and beyond with visitors
Comments from attendees:
- "Great program, already thinking about how to incorporate in existing training."
- "Enjoyed the interactive sessions and meeting new people."
- "The training session is just awesome and fun!"
We want to hear from you — contact us with your comments, suggestions and questions about the Welcome to Toronto...We've Been Expecting You program.
Email us at email@example.com
Call us at 416-392-9577
People who have completed the We've Been Expecting You industry training program will receive a certificate of completion and a lapel pin to signify that they are part of Toronto's visitor welcoming community. Coming soon are the Toronto Welcome Service Awards to recognize those who have gone above and beyond expectations to make a visitor's stay in Toronto more enjoyable.