Grants are partnerships or investments that help the City of Toronto achieve its social, economic and cultural goals for its residents. The City's goals are better achieved by supporting the work of organizations that are closer to the communities they serve.
1) Got a great idea to improve sports in your community? Does your group have a great sport program that you want more people in Toronto to participate in? Game On Toronto! provides short-term funding of between $5,000 - $50,000 to Toronto non-profit community groups, non-profit sports clubs, leagues and associations for sports development projects. (Applications close October 15th.)
2) Bring the 2015 Pan Am Games to your community with the City's new, one-time grants of up to $40,000! The 2015 Pan Am Festivals/Events – Local Animation Through Collaboration will fund activities, events, and festivals before, during and after the Games. (Applications close November 17th.)
3) Does your not-for-profit group have a recreation program that you want to create, enhance or expand? Apply today for Community Recreation grants for up to three years. (Applications close November 10th.)
4) Does your group have a small event or festival that encourages residents to have fun, participate in their community, and connect with each other? Apply today for Community Festivals grants for up to three years. (Applications close November 17th.)
The Community Service Partnerships (CSP) program supports a strong community based sector and facilitates access to services that improve social outcomes for vulnerable, marginalized and high-risk communities.
The Community Funding Investment Programs provide short-term grants to projects that contribute to the City's social, economic and cultural goals.
On this page you will find information about the following Investment Programs:
- Access, Equity and Human Rights
- Community Festivals and Special Events
- Community Recreation
- Community Safety
- Identify 'N Impact (for youth-led groups)
- Game On Toronto!
Special Category Reduced Rate (a subset of the Non-Residential Rate Structure Program) for organizations that receive publically donated goods.