The City is required to give notice to the public of intent to pass by-laws for a number of actions and to provide information about notices of sale, heritage matters and other matters from Community Councils and committees. City Council determines the type of notice unless specified by legislation. Council adopted the minimum public notice requirements for notice given under certain legislation (City of Toronto Municipal Code, Chapter 162, Notice, Public). The notice requirements include posting on the City's website.
See below for current statutory notices, or link to past notices.
Current statutory notices
View public notices regarding Heritage lands:
- 262 Bessborough Drive (Thomas G. Elgie House)
- 30 Bond Street (E-Wing, St. Michael's Hospital)
- 17 Dundonald Street
- 2 Station Road (Wesley Mimico United Church)
- 2523, 2527, 2533-2535, 2539A and B and 2541-2541A Lake Shore Boulevard West and 5, 7 and 9 Douglas Boulevard (Mimico Estates)
- 18 St Thomas Street (Windsor Arms Hotel)
- 68 and 70 Shuter Street (Edward Cooper Houses)
- 317 Adelaide Street West (Commodore Building)
- 141 McCaul Street (Redemptorists Monastery)
- 59 Heath Street West (Henry R Duke House)
- Proposed changes to user fees in the 2014 Recommended Operating Budget. View the public notice.
- 2014 Rate Supported Budgets - Solid Waste Management Services and Recommended 2014 Solid Waste Rates. View the public notice.
- Toronto Parking Authority - 2014 Recommended Operating Budget, and the 2014 Recommended Capital Budget and 2015 - 2023 Recommended Capital Plan. View the public notice.
- Proposed Amendments to the City of Toronto Municipal Code for Increases to the Water and Wastewater Consumption Rates and Certain Water and Wastewater Service Fees, the Introduction of New Service Fees related to Water and Wastewater and the Transfer of Certain Services Fees to Toronto Water from Engineering and Construction Services. View the public notice.
- Proposed changes to Municipal Code, Chapter 27, Council Procedures . View the public notice.
- Proposal to reinstate the exemption for licensees who are also governed by the Liquor Licence Act from Sections 545-385 (A), (B), (C), and (G) – Hours of Operation and Section 545-386 – Drugs and Alcohol of Toronto Municipal Code, Chapter 545, Licensing. View the public notice.
- Proposed changes to Municipal Code Chapter 441, Fees and Charges, to increase sports field permit fees. View the public notice.
- Notice is given that the Chief Building Official and Executive Director, Toronto Building, is reporting on a proposal which seeks to amend Chapter 694, Signs, General, of the City of Toronto Municipal Code.View the public notice.
Contact information can be found on each notice. If you cannot locate the proper contact information, please contact:
City Clerk's Office
Toronto City Hall, 13th floor, West
100 Queen St. West
Toronto, ON M5H 2N2