The City of Toronto is proud to play a vital role in the cultural life of the city. Committed to the development of arts and culture in the Toronto, the Cultural Services section undertakes a range of responsibilities including:
- the operation and administration of many museums, historic sites, performing and visual arts centres; financial support for cultural activity and individual artists; encouraging public art projects in both private and public developments; and
- assisting a wide range of community arts organizations in accessing and sharing municipal services and facilities.
Central to the mandate of Arts & Culture Services is:
- promoting the development of arts, culture and heritage throughout the City;
- ensuring accessibility to a variety of cultural activities that enhance the cultural attractions of the Toronto Region; and
- providing direct cultural services through its museums, cultural centres and art galleries, and supporting the entire cultural sector of the community.