The Affordable Housing Office's mission is to enhance the health of Toronto's people, neighbourhoods, environment and economy by promoting, managing and funding the creation of safe, affordable, rental and ownership housing. This is accomplished by:
- Working with private sector, community and government partners to support job creation through residential construction, resulting in new homes developed through construction, conversion and intensification of existing sites.
- Ensuring effective and efficient use of affordable housing funding made available by the federal and provincial governments in line with City priorities and other legislative and policy frameworks.
- Implementing Housing Opportunities Toronto - An Affordable Housing Action Plan 2010-2020.
The Office provides these services through three areas:
- New affordable housing development.
- Housing policies and partnerships.
- Housing improvement loans.