Councillor Giorgio Mammoliti
Councillor Mammoliti's website:
Toronto City Hall
100 Queen Street West, Suite B27
1885 Wilson Avenue, Suite 209
Councillor Giorgio Mammoliti is the City Councillor for Ward 7 - York West and is currently the Chair of the Community Development & Recreation committee and a member of the Mayor's Executive Committee.
With a political career spanning over 20 years, Councillor Mammoliti has represented Ward 7 - York West for the past 16, in which he has served as Chair of the Affordable Housing Committee, Chair of the Toronto Zoo Board, Co-Chair of Canada Municipalities Housing Action Network - Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM), and Chair of the City's International Committee. Prior to his election as Ward 7 Councillor, Giorgio represented York West as MPP from 1990 to 1995. During his term as MPP, he served as Parliamentary Assistant to the Solicitor General and Minister of Correctional Services, Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Correctional Services and Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Health.
As former Chair of the Affordable Housing Committee, his commitment to safe and affordable housing was illustrated by his work on the Housing Opportunities Toronto (HOT) Action Plan 2010-2020, which was authored by Giorgio and adopted by Council on August 5, 2009.
Committees, boards and agencies
- Etobicoke York Community Council
- Canadian National Exhibition Association, Board of Directors
- Canadian National Exhibition Association, Municipal Section
- Emery Village BIA
- Employee and Labour Relations Committee
- Executive Committee
- Exhibition Place, Board of Governors
- Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM), National Board of Directors
- FCM Municipal Infrastructure and Transportation Policy, Vice Chair
- FCM Environmental Issues and Sustainable Development, Board Member
- FCM Conference Planning, Board Member
- Parks and Environment Committee, Chair
- Toronto Parking Authority
- Toronto Zoo, Board of Management