The City of Toronto's Access, Equity and Human Rights (AEHR) Awards recognize people who, or programs that, have made a difference in Toronto by eliminating discrimination and barriers to equality.
The recipients for 2016 have been announced:
- Aboriginal Affairs Award: Fizul Sima
- Access Award: Maayan Ziv
- Constance E. Hamilton Award: Paola Gomez
- Pride Award: Alex Abramovich
- William P. Hubbard Award for Race Relations: Black Lives Matter TO
Nominations came from the Toronto residents. The five recipients were selected by a panel of community individuals with expertise and knowledge of issues pertinent to the awards.
The AEHR Awards Ceremony will take place on Dec. 6, 2016, coinciding with International Human Rights Day.
2015 AEHR Award recipients:
- Aboriginal Affairs Award: Joanne Dallaire
- Access Award: Farah N. Mawani
- Constance E. Hamilton Award: Andrea Sesum
- Pride Award: Mark Smith
- William P. Hubbard Award for Race Relations: Kamala-Jean Gopie