Operate & Grow Your Business
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an environment for business to thrive. Our Economic Development team links the business community to City Hall, helping to pave the way for business development and expansion within Toronto. Staff leverage their experience and knowledge of Toronto's business landscape to provide consultation services and hands-on solutions to help you:
- Respond to challenges and opportunities through a "one-on-one" corporate calling program
- Expand or relocate your business
- Access valuable incentives and support programs
- Expand into international markets
- Navigate export regulations, policies, processes and challenges
- Connect with business representatives from Toronto’s international economic development partnerships in China, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United States, Ecuador, Vietnam, Poland and the Ukraine
- Expedite proposals through the development process
- Address operational needs and resolve municipal issues
- Find site location information, including a listing of select industrial and commercial development, redevelopment and available properties for sale or lease in the city of Toronto.
- Access a range of research and data to help with investment and expansion decisions
- Develop synergies within your sector through industry-specific consultation and advocacy services. This is facilitated by specialists with expertise in key sectors: business and professional services, culture, design, education services, fashion, film and television production, financial services, food and beverage, green industry, information and communication technology, life sciences and tourism
- Start your small business through free business consultations and advice
- Access hiring and wage assistance programs
- Access the Toronto Business Opportunities Bulletin Board, an online directory of business investment opportunities
- Access free customer service training for the hospitality, tourism and service sectors
- Search an online directory of incubators, accelerators and organizations that help early-stage businesses.
"When I started thinking about launching my gourmet ice cream sandwich company Sweet Sammies, my very first stop was Enterprise Toronto. The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and encouraging of my business idea. They guided me through so many different elements of starting a new business. What would have taken me months to find and understand on my own, I was able to get within a few weeks thanks to Enterprise Toronto."
- Sanober Motiwala
Owner, Sweet Sammies
“I know as a result of the City’s support we have addressed environmental challenges, created jobs, purchased locally and integrated into the local economy in a way that we would not have been able to do without the City’s support and participation. I recommend anyone operating a business in Toronto to work with the City in order to foster a successful business.”
- Doug Alexander
VP and General Manager, Wing’s Food Products
"The City of Toronto's Imagination, Manufacturing, Innovation, Technology (IMIT) program was a key factor in Coca-Cola's decision to lease a 100,000-square foot, three-storey addition above First Gulf Corporation's existing adaptive reuse development at 333 King Street East. By working closely and quickly with both ourselves and Coca-Cola, the City of Toronto facilitated the move of Coca-Cola's Canadian headquarters to Toronto's downtown core."
-- David Gerofsky
Chief Executive Officer
First Gulf Corporation
"Working with Enterprise Toronto helped give us the confidence to start our own business while providing us with the advice and tools we needed to build a sound business model."
-- Shaun Lambrou and Megan Kozak
Owners, Massage Matters