The City is enhancing the North Toronto Memorial Community Centre to improve facility operations and services to the community. The centre will undergo state of good repair improvement work and will be delivered in two phases:
- Phase I (Western half of the facility): This phase will have a 18 month duration, and will be closed from September 5th, 2017 to February 28th, 2019 opening March 4th, 2019 onwards.
- Phase II (Eastern half of the facility): This phase will have a 11 month duration, and will be closed from April 2nd, 2018 to February 28th, 2019 opening March 4th, 2019 onwards.
Renovations will include:
- a new roof and skylight
- new floor finishes
- repair to outdoor trellis and exposed wood structure
- new plumbing fixtures throughout
- pool upgrades
- mechanical upgrades
- a new Building Automation System
- window glazing repair and replacement
- light fixture retrofit
- change room renovations
- accessibility improvements
Programs currently offered at the centre will be displaced. The City is relocating the majority of the programs to other locations, including local TDSB and TCDSB schools, community churches and Parks, Forestry and Recreation sites. Program relocation details will be posted here once they are available.
A community meeting will be held at North Toronto Memorial Community Centre on May 17 at 6:30 p.m. to inform users about the renovations and program relocation. The first community meeting about the renovations was held in December 2016.