The City has delegated varying levels of authority to its agencies to deliver services on Council's behalf.
With this assignment of responsibilities also comes the obligation to conduct business in a manner consistent with City objectives.
City Council has approved a number of relationship frameworks clarifying the relationship between the City of Toronto and a specific agency. Each framework sets out City Council's delegation of authority, expectations and requirements for the respective board.
In addition, there are certain accountability requirements that apply to various City boards under the City of Toronto Act, 2006.
Listing of Council-approved relationship frameworks:
- Arena Boards of Management Relationship Framework
- Business Improvement Areas, Municipal Code Ch. 19
- Community Centre Boards of Management Relationship Framework
- Exhibition Place Board of Governors Relationship Framework
- Heritage Toronto Relationship Framework
- Toronto Atmospheric Fund (TAF) Relationship Framework
- Toronto Licensing Tribunal Relationship Framework
- Toronto Police Services Board - City Council Protocol
- Yonge-Dundas Square Board of Management Relationship Framework