BIXI Public Bicycles System Company (BIXI Toronto) has provided the City of Toronto with a network of bikes throughout the downtown core. BIXI Docking terminals allow users to pick up, and drop off bicycles from location to location, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Sign Up for BIXI
The system includes 1,000 bikes, 80 BIXI terminal locations with 1,500 docking points in Toronto's downtown core.
Public Bike System Company was selected in May 2010 to implement their BIXI public bicycle system. The system includes 80 stations, 1,000 bikes and 1,500 docking points.
Bringing BIXI to Toronto
- BIXI Toronto is financially stable news release - December 4, 2013 (PDF)
- BIXI one millionth rider news release - October 12, 2012 (PDF)
- BIXI Toronto launch news release - May 3, 2011 (PDF)
- Read the 2009 Staff Report to City Council (PDF)
- Read the 2010 Staff Report to City Council (PDF)
- Read the 2010 Council Decision Summary for BIXI Bikes (PDF)