Councillor Mary-Margaret McMahon
Toronto City Hall
100 Queen Street West, Suite B28
Councillor McMahon's website:
Ward map (PDF)
Councillor McMahon and her family have lived in both the Beach and Danforth areas of Ward 32 for 19 years and have worked actively to bring about change. The Councillor has organized and hosted community strategy sessions, seminars, and fairs; and worked with Toronto Council on environment, community and education issues. She has supported many local businesses, creating and implementing ideas that integrate businesses, schools and government bodies with the community.
She helped found the East Lynn Farmers Market on Danforth, and enhance it with summer movie nights and festivals. She has worked to help developers understand infrastructure challenges, flooding and the unique character of the Beach and Danforth neighbourhoods. A former senior manager and education leader, she is concerned with wasted budgets and opportunities; and is working at developing underutilized schools as community hubs for residents of all ages at all hours. She is calling for a complete audit of empty city real property and leased premises, better approaches for City contracts; and term limits to optimize the efforts of City Councillors.
The daughter of a popular Mayor and a community leader, Councillor McMahon has literally hundreds of initiatives on her full list of achievements; including heavy involvement with community planning and sustainability groups. She is not loyal to political parties or interest groups. She is instead loyal to citizens, good ideas and effective execution.
Committees, boards and agencies
- Toronto and East York Community Council
- Audit Committee. Chair
- Applegrove Community Complex, Board of Management
- Balmy Beach Park, Board of Management
- Community Centre 55, Board of Management
- Danforth Mosaic BIA
- Danforth Village BIA
- Gerrard India Bazaar BIA
- Licensing and Standards Committee
- Parks and Environment Committee, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee to Review Billy Bishop Airport Consultant Reports
- Ted Reeve Community Arena, Board of Management
- The Beach BIA
- Toronto Atmospheric Fund, Board of Directors
- Young People's Theatre, Board of Directors