- Are you someone who wants to make a difference in the community?
- Do you have the time, talent and enthusiasm that the City is looking for?
- Do you believe in open and accountable government?
The City needs residents of Toronto to serve on high profile, challenging and exciting boards of directors for City agencies.
Opportunities to serve may be posted throughout the term of Council, so please visit the Current opportunities on a regular basis.
Please keep in mind that there are other ways to participate in Toronto's government that come up throughout the term. You are also encouraged to regularly visit the City's Get involved website.
The City needs people with a wide range of expertise in many fields such as public health, real estate development, law, business, environment, financial management, adjudication, market development, public policy, urban planning, trade shows, heritage, literacy, public safety, etc.
Our priority is to appoint boards that reflect the diversity of the community they serve. Women, young adults 18-30, people with disabilities, Aboriginal/First Nations people, and members of racial minorities are especially encouraged to apply.
If you're ready to participate, we want to hear from you.
I am interested, what do I do?
- Review current opportunities and learn more about the board.
- Where there is an application form, complete the application and voluntary diversity questionnaire.
- Return the completed application form as listed at the top of the application for the specific board.
- Note: Keep in mind that sending personal information by fax is not a secure means of transmission so you may wish to return your form by mail, e-mail or in person to the address shown on the application form.
- Late applications may not be considered, so please make sure you get your application in on time.
4. In preparing for a possible interview, please visit the board specific page listed on the ABCCs directory to learn about the board.
If you have any questions, please contact 311 Toronto:
Phone within Toronto city limits: 311
Phone outside city limits: 416-392-CITY (2489)
TTY customers: 416-338-0TTY (0889)
When current opportunities are posted, you can also e-mail questions to staff at the e-mail address located at the top of the application form.
Thank you for your interest in serving on a City Board!