Welcome to Toronto Early Learning and Child Care Services (TELCCS). We offer quality early learning and child care, directly operated by the City, for children 0 to 12 years at over 50 sites across Toronto. We also operate a licensed Home Child Care Agency that provides child care in a home setting.
At TELCCS, every child belongs and we are committed to providing fully inclusive environments that support the health and well-being of every child in our care.
Toronto Early Learning and Child Care Services
The location map gives detailed information and the location for each early learning and child care centre. The Toronto Home Child Care service area is also located on this map within the City of Toronto.
Toronto Early Learning and Child Care centres operate Monday to Friday and are generally open in the morning at 7:00 am or 7:30 am and close in the evening at 6:00 pm. The centres are closed on statutory holidays. The centres are also closed on Easter Monday, Remembrance Day and for 10 days each summer.
Toronto Home Child Care is a licensed home child care agency that is operated by Toronto Early Learning and Child Care Services. We offer families care in a private home setting with the care being provided by Home Care providers.
Toronto Early Learning and Child Care Centre full-time teachers are trained and registered as Early Childhood Educators. Our child oriented programs are based on child observations and foster the educational, recreational and developmental needs of each individual child.
Why Toronto Early Learning and Child Care Services
Toronto Early Learning and Child Care programs consistently meet and exceed the licensing standards set out by the Province. In addition, all of our child care centres are assessed by the City for quality. These ratings are available for all licensed child care centres. These scores can be used to assist parents in making informed child care choices.
Toronto Early Learning and Child Care Services supports the development of healthy eating habits in young children within the programs. Centres will have food prepared on site or brought in daily by a caterer. Standards are ensured by nutrition professionals on the staff team.
Toronto Early Learning and Child Care Services supports the inclusion of all children and families within our programs. Our policies and procedures are reflective of fully inclusive environments and practises.
Did You Know?
- The City has been operating child care programs since 1953.
- At our early learning and child care centres the food we serve is free from trans fat and is sodium reduced. We are also developing strategies to provide more local food in our programs.
- Play is one of the best ways children learn. Through play, children learn about themselves and the world around them. Our programs provide many opportunities for learning through play based activities.
- TELCCS provides care for over 2,800 children daily.
- All of our full-time program staff are trained and registered as Early Childhood Educators (ECE).
- At TELCCS, we offer placements for over 300 ECE students a year.