Official Plan and Municipal Comprehensive Reviews
Welcome to the Official Plan and Municipal Comprehensive Reviews. This is your portal for learning about, getting involved and sharing your thoughts on planning in Toronto. We all want Toronto to continue to be a great place to live, work, invest and play. Watch the video to learn more.
The Official Plan sets out the vision for where and how Toronto will grow to the year 2031. That's a fairly long time, so it is important to do regular "check-ups" to ensure that the Official Plan is working to fulfill its vision. This review is one of those checkups. We are also undertaking a Municipal Comprehensive Review that looks specifically at designated areas of employment in the Official Plan. Both Reviews are important, so connect with us and share your ideas on how we can plan for Toronto's future.
We invite you to get involved and be engaged. Together we can make Toronto better.
Official Plan Amendment 231 was approved by Council on December 18, 2013 and forwarded to the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing for Approval on January 2, 2014. Official Plan Amendment 231 contains new economic policies and new policies and designations for Employment Areas as part of the Official Plan and Municipal Comprehensive Reviews.
- Analysis of Housing Potential Analysis, part of the Official Plan and Municipal Comprehensive Review received by Planning and Growth Management Committee at their meeting of November 21, 2013.
- review Report: Housing Potential Analysis, Oct. 23, 2013
- review September 19, 2013 Open House Presentation
- review Report: Official Plan/Municipal Comprehensive Reviews: Results of Public Consultations on Draft Policies and Designations for Economic Health and Employment Lands, Apr. 23, 2013
- review Draft Official Plan Amendment No. 199 for new Heritage and Public Realm Policies
- review How Does the City Grow? Bulletin
The city's Official Plan will ensure that the City of Toronto evolves, improves and realizes its full potential in areas such as transit, land use development, and the environment